Tomorrow is the start of Walgreens new Balance Rewards Program. This is
not replacing our Register Rewards or Easy Saver Rebates, although we
will likely see a reduction in the number of Register Rewards deals in
the future. Unfortunately Walgreens has not made the rules or terms of
this new program very clear. (anyone else remember how much of a mess it
was when the Register Rewards were first introduced??)
Here’s what we do know:
- There are certain deals and in ad coupons that will require you to use your Rewards card to get the special pricing.
- Certain items each week will award you bonus points for purchasing.
- Certain (“thousands” they say) items will earn points any time they are purchased.
- Items purchased online will earn the same bonus points or regular points.
- Rainchecks will be valid for the sale price only- not the bonus rewards points (big surprise here, HAHA)
- Points will be added 3-5 days after your purchase.
- Each person 13 years or older can have a Balance Rewards account and the points can be combined for redemption.
can be redeemed when your balance reaches a minimum of 5000 pts for $5
redemption value towards your purchase. 10,000= $10, $18,000= $20,
30000 = $35, 40,000 = $50 You must use the exact value ($5, $10, $20,
$35 or $50) when redeeming.
- If using your points or a Walgreens gift card in a transaction you won’t earn any points on that transaction.
can’t be redeemed for alcohol, dairy, tobacco, stamps, phone/prepaid
cards, money orders/transfers, transportation passes, lottery tickets,
charitable donations, pseudo ephedrine or ephedrine products,
prescriptions, health tests, contact lenses, or pharmacy items/services
excluded by law or company (such as Medicaid/government funded
Here’s what we don’t know yet:
- How many points we’ll earn on the non bonus item purchases?
- Will we be able to purchase more than 1 of each bonus item in the same transaction and still earn all the points?
we can’t purchase them in the same transaction, can we purchase the
same bonus item in separate transactions and still earn all the points?
in the past, it’s going to be a learning experience for cashiers,
customers and managers. Let’s remember to be pleasant, polite shoppers
and to build on each shopping experience as we figure out the ropes of
this new program.
Rest assured that I’ll keep you apprised of what I learn about the program to help you maximize the savings for your family.